She lived an unconventional lifestyle for her time. Bonheur enjoyed a cropped haircut, she smoked, and she shared her home with lifelong companion, Nathalie Micas. Trousers and blouses were a common feature of her appearance. In fact, Bonheur asked permission from local authorities to wear trousers when researching for ‘The Horse Fair,’ so that they would not disturb her in such a masculine environment.
Renaissance has been designed to carry her guests in ultimate luxury along the Canal de Briare, France’s oldest canal and steeped in history on a cruise route that features elegant chateaux, small countryside villages, and the famed wine-growing region of Sancerre.
- Route: Canal de Briare between Montargis and Chatillon-sur-Loire
- Up to 8 guests
- Private charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Family, Golfing, Wine tasting
- Learn more: Online Brochure
- Visit the “time capsule” studio home of 19th century artist Rosa Bonheur and a private lunch in her salon
- Private “behind-the-scenes” tour of the magnificent Château de Fontainebleau
- 7-lock flight at Rogny-Les-Sept-Ecluses, a national historic monument
- Cruise across the aqueduct at Briare, built by Gustave Eiffel over the River Loire
- Private wine tasting at the renowned Sancerre winery of Henri Bourgeois
- Excellent opportunities for walking and biking
- "Biking Plus" option available
View Renaissance's online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com