Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g Flour
- 4 Fresh eggs
- 1 Small pumpkin
- 10g Amaretti
- 100g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 100g Butter
- 1 Spoonful of apple mustard
- Black Pepper
- Wash the pumpkin and bake it whole in the oven until it is cooked through (around 30 minutes depending on the size of the pumpkin).
- Remove the skin and seeds. Pass the chopped pumpkin flesh through a strainer to obtain a puree.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin with amaretti and a little finely grated Parmesan, the apple mustard and a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Leave to rest for a few hours to cool so that the flavors are fused well together.
- Put the flour on a clean work surface and form a ring, then add the egg yolks, a pinch of salt and a little olive oil. Mix together gently with the hands to form a dough. Knead the dough vigorously for about ten minutes until it has a smooth texture and is not sticky.
- Let the dough rest for about twenty minutes. Roll it out very thinly.
- Cut the dough into round disks about 8 cm across and spoon some of the pumpkin filling onto the center of each disk.
- Fold each disk in half and seal the edges.
- Cook the ravioli in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes (depending on how finely you spread the pumpkin filling).
- Serve with a little melted butter on top, flavored with a few sage leaves and some grated Parmesan.
- Route: Between Venice and Mantua (Mantova)
- Up to 20 guests
- 6-10 crew
- Private Charter and Individual Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Opera
- Other possible itineraries for private charters: Family, Golf, Wine appreciation
- Learn More: Online Brochure
La Bella Vita
The variety of charming waterways between Venice and Mantua (Mantova) promises a unique and magical cruising experience. The itinerary includes fascinating excursions that offer a real insight into the many cultures -- Roman, Etruscan, Istrian, Byzantine and, of course, Renaissance -- that have influenced the arts, architecture and history of the region over many centuries. Enjoy the diverse landscapes and nature en route, from picturesque lagoon islands with their colourful houses, to wild beach dunes and pine woods with an abundance of birdlife; from the charming Venetian port of Chioggia via the River Po and Bianca Canal to the captivating lakeside setting of the Renaissance city, Mantua.