Cruise beautiful Burgundy aboard the luxury crewed French Hotel Barge L'Art de Vivre this Spring.
The weather is mild and sunny and with the leaves budding on the trees, late spring is beautiful in Burgundy. L'Art de Vivre's itinerary features visits to such scenic and historic sites as the medieval town of Auxerre and the spectacular hilltop village of Vezelay. There is also a wine-tasting in Chablis.
Can't arrange your schedule for a Spring barge vacation? Well, we have some good deals for Summer barge trips, too!
WEEKS ON SALE : Discount Prices and Availability for Spring & Summer 2014 cruises, current as of February 22, 2014. Offer valid through March 28, 2014.
- Cabin cruises:
- April departures: $7580/cabin
- May departures: $8900/cabin
- July 13: $7580/cabin
- August 17: $7580/cabin
- Private charter:
Discounted price for up to 8 guestsPrices include: Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes minibus between Paris and the hotel barge, a luxury 6-night cruise, all meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef, an open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, all wines served throughout the cruise, excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary, the services of 4 crew and use of barge facilities, which include bicycles and spa pool.
- Apr 20, 27: $26,000
- May 4, 11, 18: $30,500
- July 20: $29,000
- Aug 3, 10: $29,000
The 8-passenger L'ART DE VIVRE started life in 1917 as a Scottish munitions carrier. Many, many years later the barge was transformed by a team of skilled craftsmen into a floating celebration of the Burgundian "good life". She was renovated in 2009, and is continuously maintained to a high standard. Among upgrades for this winter, l'Art de Vivre has new carpets in the cabins, plus a new on-deck spa pool.
L'Art de Vivre is 100-feet long, has air conditioning and central heat, and accommodates up to 8 guests in four cabins that can be either configured as twins or doubles according to your preference. They have a six-person spa pool/jacuzzi/hot tub (whatever you wish to term it!), 8 touring bicycles, and also a tandem bike. The crew of four, comprised of Captain, Tour Guide, Master Chef and Hostess, all have a love for the Nivernais canal and are secure in the knowledge that their vessel represents L'Art de Vivre itself...
L'Art de Vivre cruises the Nivernais Canal between Auxerre and Chevroche. Theme cruises for private charters include:
- Cycling: Daily cycling trips with professional guide and upgrade of bicycles
- Walking: Daily walking tours with a professional walking guide
- Wine Appreciation: includes a comprehensive and customisable wine itinerary, an upgrade of all wines served on board to include more Premier and Grand Cru wines and the services of a professional wine guide
- Tennis: includes pre-booked and paid courts and transfer to and from the clubs
- Family: along with traditional cultural visits, they can arrange horse riding, water sports, theme parks and many other activities to keep the younger ones and young at heart, completely satisfied. Can be customized to your interests.
View L'Art de Vivre's online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com