A barge cruise is definitely the way to discover Holland. The Netherlands are famous, of course, for tulips, but as a land with a rich artistic and cultural history, it has a lot more besides. The western provinces of this land of water are populated by windmills which sit above the polders and along the very river that gave its name to Amsterdam, while cities such as Haarlem and Delft are meccas for lovers of pottery and art. A barging cruise uncovers some of Holland's hidden gems and is the perfect way to experience the best the country has to offer.
After enjoying a spectacular breakfast, we cruise to the historic city of Haarlem; once a major trading port, Haarlem is an exciting maze of cobbled streets and gabled houses at the center of a major bulb growing district.
Visit Aalsmeer Flower Auction.
Learn more about the Netherlands on our web site's Destination page for Holland: CLICK HERE
PANACHE currently has 3 Dutch barging cruises available for 2020. Each of these weeks has a 10% discount if booked by January 6, 2020:
- March 29-April 4 - Private charter for up to 12 guests
- April 5-11: Cabin cruise
- May 10-16: Cabin cruise
LA NOUVELLE ETOILE's Dutch Tulip cruises are fully booked. Book early for 2021.
The 12-passenger Hotel Barge Panache cruises in Holland & Belgium during the springtime, then through Paris to Champagne, and finishes their season in the Alsace-Lorraine region of France.
- Route: Between Alkmaar and Delft, Netherlands - Click for Dutch itinerary
- Dates: March 22 - May 16, 2020
- Accommodations: up to 12 passengers in 6 ensuite staterooms
- Charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: See all itineraries
- Learn more: Online brochure
- Tour Keukenhof Gardens with the largest display of flowers in the world
- Visit the Aalsmeer flower auction
- Tour the fascinating conservation area at Enkhuizen
- Visit the Royal Delft pottery to see the world famous earthenware being hand-made and painted
- Tour picturesque Haarlem and visit a museum of the Dutch painter, Franz Hals
- Tour the charming city of Leiden, Rembrandt’s birthplace
The 128-foot Panache is a 12-passenger luxury hotel barge of classic Dutch design, fully air conditioned with spacious public areas and six en-suite stateroms, with your choice of twin or double bed configuration. En-suite bathrooms have twin sinks and oversize showers with massage jets. Panache is traditionally furnished in an old ship style with brass and mahogany, creating a comfortable and charming ambience. The salon and dining room have large panoramic windows for viewing the passing countryside, as well as comfortable sofas, books and music, and an always open inclusive bar. The sun deck is spacious and has a heated spa pool; a perfect place to watch the sun set after dinner.
Panache has a highly professional crew of six, comprised of Master Chef, Deck Hand, Tour guide, two Housekeepers, and led by a knowledgeable and experienced Captain, who will ensure your cruise is memorable and more.