The Irish Hotel Barge Shannon Princess has an easy recipe to make chocolate truffles for Valentines Day. Let's check it out!
For me Chocolates and St Valentine’s Day go hand in hand. Chocolate is always delicious as a treat & perhaps the most romantic gift after red roses. As a committed Chocoholic I look for any excuse to cook with and eat chocolate! To make this as guilt free as possible I always share with family and friends.
- 1 lb. of 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 pint of Double Cream.
- 1 big splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon of Flaked Sea Salt.
- Cocoa powder or pistachio nuts to decorate
- Pour the cream into a heavy bottomed saucepan over a gentle heat until the cream reaches the simmering stage.
- Remove from the heat and then pour over the chocolate. Stir gently until you have a smooth silky texture.
- Add the Bailey’s Cream Liqueur along with a pinch of sea salt to the mixture. Pour the mixture into a tub and allow to set in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Fill a cup with boiling water and heat a melon baller or a spoon by dipping into the boiling water. Use this method to shape the truffles.
- Coat your truffles in cocoa powder or pistachio nuts immediately after shaping.
- Place on a plate and allow to set in the fridge for an hour. Then share for guilt free enjoyment!
- Route: The Lower Shannon River, Ireland - Between Glasson and Killaloe
- Up to 10 guests
- Charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Artisan Food Trail, Biking/Cycling, Family, Golf, Walking
- Learn More: Online Brochure
The Shannon Princess provides accommodation for up to 10 guests in 5 cabins which can be configured as double or twins, each with ensuite facilities. This barge is owner-operated with a total of five professional crew in attendance.You will be charmed with excellent but friendly service, gorgeous food & wines, and share in a slice of local life and knowledge.