- 500g strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet easy-bake dried yeast (or 2 tsp Quick dried yeast)
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp each of sesame,flax ,pumpkin and poppy seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
- Mix the honey and yeast with the warm water. Let it rest for a couple of minutes to bubble
- Mix the flour, butter, seeds and salt in a large bowl. Add the warm yeast mixture and mix until it comes together as a soft, not too sticky, dough. Gather it into a ball with your hands.
- Put the dough onto a very lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes until it feels smooth and slightly springy to touch. Pop into an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for approximately 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough by gently kneading just 3-4 times.
- Shape into individual loaf. Place on a prepared oven tray, dust with flour or just egg. Wash and sprinkle some seeds.
- Cover and leave for 40-45 mins, or until about doubled in size.
- Bake at 220C/200C fan/gas 7 for 30-35 mins or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack. If you tap the underneath of the loaf if should be firm and sound hollow.
- Route: The Lower Shannon River, Ireland - Between Glasson and Killaloe
- Up to 10 guests in 5 cabins. All on the main level.
- Charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Artisan Food Trail, Biking/Cycling, Family, Golf, Walking
- Learn More: Online Brochure
The Shannon Princess provides accommodation for up to 10 guests in 5 cabins which can be configured as double or twins, each with ensuite facilities. This barge is owner-operated with a total of five professional crew in attendance.You will be charmed with excellent but friendly service, gorgeous food & wines, and share in a slice of local life and knowledge.
View Shannon Princess' online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com