To meet demands for their popular fully-crewed, all-inclusive hotel barge cruises through France’s Champagne Region, Panache has added four new departures this June. These special departures are available June 7, 14, 21, and 28, 2015 (click for itinerary). Transfers to and from the vessel from central Paris are included in the price, so passengers have the extra opportunity to linger on their own in the “City of Lights” prior to or after the cruise.
Panache also has a repositioning cruise from Paris to Condé sur la Marne for the week of May 31-June 6, 2015 (click for itinerary).
Highlights of the 6-night Champagne Cruise include:
- Cruising the historic River Marne and the Canal Lateral à la Marne
- Private tastings at three Champagne houses, including one in Epernay
- Visit to the WW1 battlefield of Château Thierry and the cemetery at Belleau Wood
- Tour of Reims, featuring the city’s majestic, 800-year-old Gothic cathedral and a tasting at a renowned “fromagier”, or cheese maker
- Visit to the hilltop village of Hautvillers, where Dom Perignon discovered the “Méthode Champenoise”, the special way of getting the sparkle into the wine
After touring the Champagne area, Panache moves on to region of Alsace-Lorraine (click for itinerary) and offers barging cruises from July 12 - October 31, 2015 between Strasbourg and Niderviller. Alsace-Lorraine is in Eastern France with a unique mix of French and German cultures.
PARIS to CHAMPAGNE
- Cabin cruise: $2500 discount per cabin: May 31 -- Now only $8000/cabin, double occupancy, i.e. $4000/person
- Cabin cruises: $2500 discount per cabin: June 21, 28 -- Now only $8000/cabin, double occupancy, i.e. $4000/person
- Private charter: $15,000 off full 12-person rate (this is also a savings if you are a group of 8): June 7, 14 --- Only $42,000 for up to 12 guests
- Cabin cruises: $2500 discount per cabin: July 12, August 2 -- Now only $8000/cabin, double occupancy, i.e. $4000/person
- Private charter: $15,000 off full 12-person rate (this is also a savings if you are a group of 8): July 26, August 9, 16, 23 (Only $42,000 for up to 12 guests), and August 30 (Regular season so $51,000 for up to 12 guests)
The price for these 6-night cruises includes gourmet meals prepared by an on-board chef and served with fine wines, open bar, and daily escorted excursions. It also includes admission fees and transportation, and local round trip transfers between Paris and Panache (between Strasbourg and the barge for Alsace-Lorraine cruises) by private air-conditioned minibus.
The 128-foot Panache is a 12-passenger luxury hotel barge of classic Dutch design, fully air conditioned with spacious public areas and six en-suite cabins, with your choice of twin or double bed configuration. En-suite bathrooms have twin sinks and oversize showers with massage jets.
Panache is traditionally furnished in an old ship style with brass and mahogany, creating a comfortable and charming ambience. The salon and dining room have large panoramic windows for viewing the passing countryside, as well as comfortable sofas, books and music, and an always open inclusive bar. The sun deck is spacious and has a heated spa pool; a perfect place to watch the sun set after dinner.
Panache has a highly professional crew of six, comprised of Master Chef, Deck Hand, Tour guide, two Housekeepers, and led by a knowledgeable and experienced Captain, who will ensure your cruise is memorable and more. Their knowledge of the region, combined with fascinating chauffeur-driven private excursions and the 12 bikes provided, will allow you to explore the areas you cruise through in as much detail as you desire.
Find more information about Panache (such as amenities, itineraries, photos, videos, etc) in our online brochure: CLICK HERE