For the opera lovers amongst you, we are delighted to inform you about a special Opera Cruise aboard the Hotel Barge La Bella Vita in Italy which is sure to be a once in a lifetime experience.
Before your cruise from Venice to Mantua begins, you will be taken to Verona to visit to the fascinating Arena Muse Opera, a wonderful museum devoted to the history of opera, followed by dinner in the delightful courtyard restaurant.
Then comes the real highlight as you take your top-priced front stalls seats to enjoy a performance of one of the best-known operas, such as Puccini’s ‘Tosca’ or Verdi’s ‘Nabucco’, in the magnificent setting of the Roman amphitheatre, the Arena di Verona.
At the end of a memorable evening, you are transferred back to your hotel in Padua, where next day, there will be a guided tour of this, one of the Veneto’s most charming cities, before joining La Bella Vita in Venice.
During the 6-night cruise, there are visits to some wonderful baroque theatres, such as the Gran Teatro La Fenice, where the premières of operas by composers such as Rossini and Verdi were performed, and the intimate Teatro Bibiena in Mantua, with its bell-shaped interior that opened with a concert by a 13-year-old Mozart in 1770.
And, of course, there is a lot more to see as you cruise across the Venetian Lagoon past its colourful islands and on through the Po Valley - visits to the famous fish market in Chioggia, the Schifanoia Palace in Ferrara and the stunning Ducal Palace in Mantua, as well as wine tastings and dinner in a private stately home where Lord Byron wrote some of his best poetry.
This 7-day adventure is a wonderful combination for what Italy is famous for – wonderful food and wine, Renaissance architecture and of course – opera!
Opera Cruise in 2015
- ITINERARY: This is a 7-night special "Opera Cruise" - Includes 1 night, Saturday September 5, in a hotel in Padua and a performance of Verdi’s ‘Nabucco’ at the Arena di Verona (best seats in the house). The cruise is then for 6 nights and the direction is between Venice & Mantua. See the itinerary in full.
- DATES: September 5-12, 2015
- AVAILABILITY: There are currently 5 cabins open and 5 cabins booked.
- PRICES, for the 7-night itinerary:
- Michelangelo (upper deck) Junior Suite: $5940/person, double occupancy
- Tintoretto (lower deck) Stateroom: $5140/person, dbl occ
- Veronese (lower deck) Stateroom: $5140/person, dbl occ
- Caravaggio (lower deck) Stateroom: $5140/person, dbl occ
- Tiepolo (lower deck) Stateroom: $5149/person, dbl occ
La Bella Vita is a stylish 20-passenger vessel offering comfortable, fully air-conditioned accommodations with a choice of single or double beds. She has two upper-deck junior suites and eight lower-deck staterooms, all with en-suite facilities; and a bright, spacious dining room/bar area. Louvred doors open to the side decks to give a perfect viewing platform. Above, there is a huge sun deck with comfortable loungers to relax on with a drink and a good book, or just watch the world go by.
|Click on map to enlarge|
View La Bella Vita's online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com