Each culinary-themed barge cruise includes cooking demonstrations in the open galley by the onboard chef, wine and food pairings for each meal, Mediterranean cuisine focussing on the freshest local produce, and presentations of all cheeses and wines.
During your cruise along the Canal du Midi in southwest France, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the regions’ wonderful culinary products and meet the people behind them.
Highlights of this culinary cruise include:
- Truffle hunting in the Minervois hills and a tasting of the elusive white truffle itself.
- Visit a renowned farm that breeds the special Petit Gris variety of escargot.
- Tour L’Oulibo, the long-established olive oil press that produces the purist extra virgin olive oil from the famous Lucques olive.
- Explore the extraordinary indoor market in Narbonne, where your chef will invite you to choose the ingredients for that evening’s dinner.
- Visit one of the area’s finest producers of Minervois A.O.C wines for a
tour and private tasting, as no meal would be complete without some fine
Couple this with a hands-on French cooking class and demonstrations by your onboard chef throughout the cruise along the Canal du Midi, and you have a wonderful combination of relaxing cruising and culinary education.
Plus there's more! View the itinerary for Enchanté’s Culinary Cruise.