A well-known figure on the Canal du Midi, Laurent has over ten years barging experience with our good friends at European Waterways. 2019 will be his sixth year at the helm of Anjodi. With an impeccable understanding of customer service and an impish sense of humor, Laurent charms all of his guests.
He met his wife, Sarah, when they were both crew members on the French Barge L’Impressionniste in Burgundy. They now live with their two sons near the Canal du Midi.
About The French Hotel Barge Anjodi
Sporting a classic Dutch design, the 8-passenger Anjodi offers a choice of four air-conditioned staterooms which can be configured as either twins or double according to your preference, each with full en-suite facilities. The sun deck is spacious and has a heated spa pool (hot tub) — the perfect place, to watch the sun set after dinner on a warm Mediterranean evening.
Anjodi's highly professional crew of four is comprised of Master Chef, Tour Guide and Host/Hostess, led by a knowledgeable and experienced Captain who will ensure your cruise is memorable and more. Their knowledge of the region combined with the 8 bikes provided, will allow you to explore the areas you cruise through in as much detail as you desire.
- Tour Carcassonne, the most complete medieval fortified city in existence
- Narbonne's Archbishop's Palace and colorful market
- Explore the spectacular hilltop village of Minerve
- Private wine tasting at the 14th-century Château de Perdiguier
- View the Pyrenees mountains across the vineyards and discover Cathar history
- Cruise through the world's oldest canal tunnel at Malpas
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
- "Biking Plus" option available
Learn More: Click for Anjodi's online brochure
See Special Offers: Click for current special offers on barges
Cruise the Canal du Midi with Barge Anjodi
View Anjodi' online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com