JIM'S LEMON SOLE PAUPIETTES WITH RISOTO
The origin of the mis-named lemon sole probably comes from the French word "lime" meaning "file" and which may refer to the texture of the fish’s skin. Whatever its origin, this recipe by Jim, the talented chef who cooks aboard hotel barge L’Art de Vivre in Burgundy, is spectacular!
For the risotto:
- 4 Lemon Sole Fillets
- Smoked Salmon
- Fish Stock
- 1 Diced and Roasted Red Pepper
- White Wine
- Aborio Rice
- Diced Onion
- Diced Fresh Mint
- Vegetable Stock
- Grated Parmesan
- Mascarpone Cheese
METHOD:Thanks, Jim, for sharing one of your delicious recipes!
- Place a slice of smoked salmon on top of each lemon sole fillet, roll in cling-film and poach in the fish stock.
- Lightly sauté the onions in a little butter, add the rice, a cup of white wine, then add the stock slowly a ladle at a time. Let the rice absorb the stock and cook until it is al dente.
- Add the roasted red pepper, peas, asparagus, parmesan, mascarpone cheese and the chopped fresh mint.
- Place the paupiettes on the risotto, top with a fish veloute and decorate perhaps with a slice of lemon and cherry tomatoes.
Cruise beautiful Burgundy aboard the luxury crewed French Hotel Barge L'Art de Vivre.
The weather is mild and sunny and with the leaves budding on the trees, late spring is beautiful in Burgundy. L'Art de Vivre's itinerary features visits to such scenic and historic sites as the medieval town of Auxerre and the spectacular hilltop village of Vezelay. There is also a wine-tasting in Chablis.
WEEKS ON SALE : Discount Prices for Spring 2015
- CABIN CRUISES:
- Departures of April 12, 19, 26: $8,010/cabin
- PRIVATE CHARTER:
Discounted price = 10% off
- Departures of April 12, 19, 26:
- 6 guests = $27,720
- 7 guests = $28,710
- 8 guests = $29,700
Prices include: Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes minibus between Paris and the hotel barge, a luxury 6-night cruise, all meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef, an open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, all wines served throughout the cruise, excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary, the services of 4 crew and use of barge facilities, which include bicycles and spa pool.Can't arrange your schedule for a Spring barge vacation? L'Art de Vivre has openings throughout the season for both private charter and cabin weeks. We even have a few September weeks available!
The 8-passenger L'ART DE VIVRE started life in 1917 as a Scottish munitions carrier. Many, many years later the barge was transformed by a team of skilled craftsmen into a floating celebration of the Burgundian "good life". She was renovated in 2009, and is continuously maintained to a high standard. Among upgrades for this winter, l'Art de Vivre has new carpets in the cabins, plus a new on-deck spa pool.
L'Art de Vivre is 100-feet long, has air conditioning and central heat, and accommodates up to 8 guests in four cabins that can be either configured as twins or doubles according to your preference. They have a six-person spa pool/jacuzzi/hot tub (whatever you wish to term it!), 8 touring bicycles, and also a tandem bike. The crew of four, comprised of Captain, Tour Guide, Master Chef and Hostess, all have a love for the Nivernais canal and are secure in the knowledge that their vessel represents L'Art de Vivre itself...
L'Art de Vivre cruises the Nivernais Canal between Auxerre and Chevroche. Theme cruises for private charters include:
- Cycling: Daily cycling trips with professional guide and upgrade of bicycles
- Walking: Daily walking tours with a professional walking guide
- Wine Appreciation: includes a comprehensive and customisable wine itinerary, an upgrade of all wines served on board to include more Premier and Grand Cru wines and the services of a professional wine guide
- Tennis: includes pre-booked and paid courts and transfer to and from the clubs
- Family: along with traditional cultural visits, they can arrange horse riding, water sports, theme parks and many other activities to keep the younger ones and young at heart, completely satisfied. Can be customized to your interests.
View L'Art de Vivre's online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com