Barging in Ireland - Cruising the River Shannon
Olivia owner-operator of the Shannon Princess, told us that she's been working like a mad woman researching the area in regards to putting together an itinerary for a cycling tour. She has spent the past weeks driving, cycling, and visiting the route, as well as talking to guides and tour operators.
Her hard work has paid off... The Shannon Princess is now offering guided bike/ cycling tours with personal cycling guide, along with their luxury minibus as backup vehicle. Cycle through a series of quintessentially Irish landscapes: slow rivers, green hills, charming villages, and meandering country lanes. An ideal way to explore country estates and villages. Bicycle upgrades available on request.
We appreciate Olivia's efforts and she has put together a super itinerary. See Shannon Princess's bike touring itinerary HERE.
Some more good news? This guided cycling tour will be at no extra charge. That's right; no additional supplement for the guided tour... just the normal charter fee for groups of 6-10 guests.
Cruise & Cycle Barge Trip Highlights :
- The hospitality and gourmet dining of boutique hotel barge Shannon Princess
- Cruise & cycle with your personal cycling guide, along with the luxury minibus as backup vehicle.
- Cycle through a series of quintessentially Irish landscapes: slow rivers, green hills, charming villages, and meandering country lanes.
- Soak up fascinating traditions, visit historic sites and enjoy lively riverside culture.
- A private whiskey tasting.
- A private chocolate tasting.
- Visit to a local cheese maker
- No additional supplement for the guided cycling tour cruise, unless an upgrade in bicycles is requested.
Visit the Emerald Isle aboard the Irish hotel barge Shannon Princess II and cruise between Athlone and Killaloe along the River Shannon. Shannon Princess accommodates up to 10 guests in 5 cabins which can be configured as either doubles or twins, as you prefer.
Oh yes, can you stand some more good news? Book your 2011 Shannon Princess cruise by St Patrick's Day (March 17, 2011) and Paradise Connections will give each member of your barging group a free 2GB iPod Shuffle. See details HERE.
View Shannon Princess's online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com