The 8-passenger L'ART DE VIVRE was built in England during World War One as a supply vessel to the Allied troops battling in the Somme. Many years later, l'Art de Vivre was transformed by a team of skilled craftsmen into a floating celebration of the Burgundian "good life". She was renovated in 2009, and is continuously maintained to a high standard.
She is very much a traditional barge in style, with original wood and brass features that emphasise her heritage and create a warm and inviting interior atmosphere. The comfortable cabins all have modern en suite facilities and the delightful saloon combines contemporary seating with more traditional furnishings.L'Art de Vivre is 100-feet long, has air conditioning and central heat, and accommodates up to 8 guests in four cabins that can be configured either as twins or doubles according to your preference.
Outside, there is a sun deck to relax on with a glass of wine as you glide through the pretty Burgundy countryside and a spa pool to soak in. You can explore the ever-present towpath on foot or on one of the barge’s bicycles, before rejoining L’Art de Vivre at one of the locks up ahead
This region of Burgundy on the edge of the Morvan hills, with its charming villages and centuries-old history simply oozes charm and your cruise aboard L’Art de Vivre is a journey back in time along a magical waterway.
L'ART DE VIVRE: Western Burgundy, France
- Route: Nivernais Canal between Auxerre and Chevroche
- Accommodations: up to 8 passengers in 4 ensuite cabins
- Charters or Cabin cruise
- Itineraries: See all itineraries
- Learn more: Online brochure
- Explore enchanting Auxerre and its magnificent cathedral
- Private wine tasting at the prestigious Chablis house of Domaine Laroche, along with a cellar visit and private lunch
- Excursion to the quarry of Aubigny, followed by a crémant wine tasting in the cellars of Bailly Lapierre
- Visit the picturesque town of Vezelay and its hilltop basilica
- Visit the elegant 12th Century Château de Bazoches
- Optional hot air ballooning
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
- “Biking Plus” option available
- See Book Your Cruise With Confidence for more information.
- Visit Safe Cruising Protocols being undertaken by the barges.