- 500 ml thick cream – from either cows or goats
- 20 ml uncultured buttermilk
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- Optional flavours: lemon, chilli, roast garlic, herbs etc…
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest at room temperature for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, chill the mixture for a couple of hours in a fridge. Once chilled, place the cream in a food blender and whip it vigorously until it splits
- Squeeze the buttermilk from the butter, and set it aside if you’re going to make the scones
- Place the butter on a piece of muslin or cloth for a few minutes to absorb any excess moisture
- Serve as is, or add whatever flavours you wish to make a herb, garlic or even a fruit butter!
- Route: The Lower Shannon River, Ireland - Between Glasson and Killaloe
- Up to 10 guests in 5 cabins. All on the main level.
- Charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Artisan Food Trail, Biking/Cycling, Family, Golf, Walking
- Learn More: Online Brochure
The Shannon Princess provides accommodation for up to 10 guests in 5 cabins which can be configured as double or twins, each with ensuite facilities. This barge is owner-operated with a total of five professional crew in attendance.You will be charmed with excellent but friendly service, gorgeous food & wines, and share in a slice of local life and knowledge.
View Shannon Princess' online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com