NEW FOR 2015
The hotel barge Savoir Faire, which accommodates up to 12 guests in 6 ensuite staterooms and offers both individual cabin bookings and private charters, presents a unique and exclusive Upper Loire & Western Burgundy Cruise on the Canal du Briare and the Canal Latéral à la Loire between Rogny-Sept-Ecluses and Marseilles-lès-Aubigny. See proposed itinerary. Dates to be announced.
- Famous flight of locks at Rogny-Sept-Ecluses
- Gustav Eiffel’s 662-meter aqueduct, the Pont Canal de Briare
- World-famous Gien Pottery
- Château de Saint Fargeau with a 1000 year history
- Sancerre with specialist wine tasting
- Charite-sur-Loire, stopping point for pilgrims
- Apremont-sur-Allier Floral Park
- Tour of Apremont, voted one of France’s loveliest villages
- The towpath runs along the canal for the entire length of the cruise. Enjoy walking or cycling at your leisure. Savoir Faire has very comfortable Dutch bicycles with front fork and seat suspension.
The Hotel Barge Savoir Faire is fully air conditioned and heated. with accommodations for up to 12 guests in 6 well-appointed staterooms. Each stateroom can be configured with two twin beds or with one queen bed, and has ensuite private bathrooms. Each guest stateroom has a DVD player with an LCD screen and 2 sets of wireless headphones. The salon, dining area, and bar are finished in mahogany, teak and brass, decorated with antiques and paintings collected over the years.
View Savoir Faire's online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com