|Champagne Itinerary: Paris - Cumieres/Epernay -- Click map to enlarge|
Vineyards spread across the rolling plains as far as the eye can see, green with the new leaves of Spring, turning to gold as the grapes ripen in the Autumn. The region is rich in both modern and ancient history and during your voyage you visit such landmarks as Château Thierry and the Cathedral of Reims.
There will be plenty the opportunity to sample the sparkling wine to which the region has given its name, including a private tasting in the vast cellars of Moët et Chandon. As well as champagne, the region is rich in other delicious products, particularly its wonderfully creamy cheeses, with the towns of Meaux and Coulommiers at its heart.
- Cruise through Paris past the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame
- Visit elegant Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte and its gardens
- Explore the magnificent Merovingian Crypts of Jouarre
- Visit Château Thierry, the scene of fierce battles in World War I
- Enjoy a private tasting in Moët et Chandon's cellars.
- Tour the majestic Gothic cathedral of Reims
LA NOUVELLE ETOILE:
Availability: Paris to Epernay
- All Champagne itineraries booked.
Only 3 weeks available for the rest of the season!
Availability: Paris to Cumieres
- June 2-8: 4 cabins open
Availability: between Paris and Epernay
- Sept1-7: Open for private charter (minimum of 4 guests required to guarantee cabin cruise)
- Sept 22-28: 2 cabins open
- Sept 29-Oct 5: Open for private charter (minimum of 4 guests required to guarantee cabin cruise)
- October 6-12: 2 cabins open
Read our previous post about Savoir Faire's Champagne cruises: CLICK HERE
For more information on our barges and barging, visit our website : www.BargeCharters.com