The price is $3,590 (£1890) per person for a stateroom and $3,990 (£2090) per person for the suite (based on 2 sharing each cabin).
- Transfer from Inverness to the barge on Sunday,
- 6 night Christmas Cruise,
- all meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef,
- open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks,
- all wines served throughout the cruise,
- all special Christmas Festivities and celebrations, excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary,
- use of barge facilities which includes bicycles
- transfer back to Inverness the following Saturday morning.
Here is the itinerary:
** SCOTTISH HIGHLANDER ITINERARY - CHRISTMAS CRUISE **
Sunday 23rd December : Dochgarroch to Fort Augustus
- At 4pm we meet at the Glenmoriston Town House Hotel in Inverness and transfer to Scottish Highlander moored at Dochgarroch. Champagne welcome and dinner aboard, followed by good old-fashioned Scottish entertainment.
- In the morning we take a trip up to Moniack Castle, famous for its wines, liqueurs and preserves. On returning to the barge, we cruise past Urquhart Castle on our way along the northern shore of Loch Ness, then cross the loch to the village of Foyers. On arrival in Foyers we can enjoy a small Whisky tasting with the captain before lunch. In the afternoon we take a trip into the Inverfarigaig forest for a delightful walk to the Falls of Foyers and a drive into the hills to see the deer. It will also be possible to attend a Christmas Eve service at a local church. Dinner on board and entertainment while presents can be put round the Christmas tree.
- We are moored for the day in Fort Augustus, a charming village at the south western end of the Loch Ness, its prominent feature being a splendid lock staircase. Lunch and Christmas present opening are followed by jolly accordion music. The afternoon can be spent with a gentle saunter around the village or maybe a game of croquet or putting. Scottish afternoon cream tea. CHRISTMAS DINNER ON BOARD.
Wednesday 26th December, Boxing Day: ort Augustus to Cullochy Lock
- After breakfast we leave Fort Augustus this morning and cruise to Cullochy Lock via Kytra We can we visit the Loch Ness Visitor Centre where the myth of the Loch Ness monster is explained, along with an interesting exhibition on her sightings and the search for her over the years. Donner on board followed by a trip out to a local inn for live music.
Thursday 27th December: Cullochy Lock to Gairlochy
- Leave Cullochy Lock for a morning cruise via two locks at Laggan, and through Lochs Oich and Lochy to Gairlochy. In the afternoon there is a chance to see either the World War II Commando memorial, the woollen mill at Spean Bridge, selling traditional knitwear and tweeds, or the Clan Cameron museum. Dinner aboard.
Friday 28th December: Gairlochy to Banavie
- Morning visit to the mystic battlefields of Glencoe. On the way back visit the Glen Nevis distillery for an insight into the secrets of the various stages of Whisky preparation and taste a wee dram or two. In the afternoon we cruise to Banavie and Neptune’s Staircase, a flight of eight locks that is a spectacular feat of engineering. Captain’s Farewell Dinner aboard followed by a trip out to a local inn for live music.
Saturday 29th December: Banavie
- Passengers disembark for the transfer to Inverness by minibus after a hearty Scottish breakfast.
View SCOTTISH HIGHLANDER's brochure : CLICK HERE
Contact Paradise Connections for more info: CLICK HERE
Treat yourselves to a very special Christmas this year!
All the best!