NEW SANCERRE ITINERARY FOR 2015
Savoir Faire will provide weekly departures through the renowned Sancerre wine region of France with their new Upper Loire & Western Burgundy Sancerre itinerary along the Canal du Briare and the Canal Latéral à la Loire between Rogny-Sept-Ecluses and Marseilles-lès-Aubigny, from May 31 through August 22, 2015.
Savoir Faire’s exciting new itinerary introduces their guests to some of Burgundy’s most iconic and culturally significant attractions. They will enjoy high levels of comfort, thanks to six finely-appointed staterooms and two spacious sun decks which offer superb views of the countryside. Guests will also enjoy personalized excursions, cycling along the towpath, and a private wine tasting at a renowned winemaker in Sancerre. This will allow you to fully experience the culture, history, gastronomy, and lore of the land.
This season, Savoir Faire will be the only 12-passenger hotel barge cruising the new route through the Sancerre region, famous for its dry white wines of the same name.
- The town of Rogny-les-Septs-Ecluses, named after its 350-year-old staircase of seven former canal locks, now considered a national monument.
- Gustav Eiffel’s amazing 2172-foot long aqueduct over the River Loire. The Pont Canal de Briare is a remarkable feat of engineering completed in 1896
- A visit to the town of Gien, world famous for its glazed ceramic pottery.
- Château de Saint Fargeau with a 1000 year history
- Sancerre with specialist wine tasting
- A visit to Chârité-sur-Loire, a medieval city that has been classified a UNESCO World Heritage Site and continues to attract pilgrims from all over the world.
- Tour of Apremont, voted one of France’s loveliest villages
- Apremont-sur-Allier Floral Park. A beautiful garden set within this picturesque riverside village
- The towpath runs along the canal for the entire length of the cruise. Enjoy walking or cycling at your leisure. Savoir Faire has very comfortable Dutch bicycles with front fork and seat suspension.
Savoir Faire offers both private charters where you have the entire barge for your group, as well as cabin cruise weeks where you can book an individual cabin and share the barge with other like-minded travellers.
For this itinerary, Regular season rates are in effect from May 31 through July 25, after which it is Value season from July 26 to August 22.
- Up to 10 guests: $51,295 (regular) | $48,300 (value)
- 11 or 12 guests: $58,995 (regular) | $55,600 (value)
Cabin Cruise weeks:
- Cabin for 2, double occupancy (not each person):
Prices include: Local transfers to and from the hotel barge, all meals on board catered for by the onboard Master Chef, an open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, all wines served throughout the cruise, excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary, the services of 6 crew and use of barge facilities, which include bicycles, wireless internet access and a piano.$10,500 (regular) | $9950 (value)
HOTEL BARGE SAVOIR FAIRE:
The barge itself has a fascinating history. Originally born a Belgian barge in 1932, she transported grain through Europe and later carried Allied troops during World War II. Decades later, and after extensive renovations, the barge found new life as a "floating luxury hotel".
The Hotel Barge Savoir Faire is fully air conditioned and heated. with accommodations for up to 12 guests in 6 well-appointed staterooms. Each stateroom can be configured with two twin beds or with one queen bed, and has ensuite private bathrooms. Each guest stateroom has a DVD player with an LCD screen and 2 sets of wireless headphones. The salon, dining area, and bar are finished in mahogany, teak and brass, decorated with antiques and paintings collected over the years.
The hotel barging experience is different from large vessel river cruising. It offers a slower paced, gentle voyage of discovery along the more intimate canals and waterways of Europe, allowing a small number of guests to become more fully immersed in the culture, history and gastronomy of the region.
View Savoir Faire's online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com